World No Tobacco Day 2017 - Wednesday, 31 May
- Smokers have higher risk of cardiac & blood vessels related diseases.
- Smoking accelerates chances of stroke & heart related diseases.
- Smoking even few cigarettes a day (upto 5) can accelerate chances of stroke and cardiac diseases.
- Smoking impacts the blood vessels negatively. It makes the blood vessels narrow and thick restricting normal flow of blood.
- Narrow and thick blood vessels make the heart beat faster than normal. Blood pressure increases. Clots form to make things worst.
- Clots may hamper or block normal blood flow to brain and can trigger stroke. The damaged blood vessels in or connected to brain may also burst.
- Restricted blood flow and blocks also impact legs, movement, coordination and skin.
- Quit Smoking and Live Healthy.
Ref Link : https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/