How DESUN’s Diagnostic Lab is unique?
Diagnostic at DESUN Hospital And Heart Institute are taken care of by skilled and qualified Radiologists, Microbiologists, Pathologists and Biochemists – all attached as Full-time specialist.
State-of-the-art equipment is being used in the Laboratory to cater to the needs of patients for a variety of treatments.
What are the various types of diagnostics found at DESUN?
- High Power Digital Cathlab
- Colour Doppler for all kinds of probes like T.E.E. (Trans Esophageal Echocardiography), Peripheral Vascular Study, Dynamic Stress Echo, Acoustic Quantification
- Holter Monitor
- Blood Cell Counter
- Full Automatic Biochemistry Analyser(Autoanalyser)
- Blood/Gas Analyser
Radiology unit of DESUN consists of
- High Velocity sate-of-the-art Computerised Axial Tomography, which enables all types of virtual CT scans possible
- Digital X-Ray
- Ultrasound with all kinds of probe
- Portable X-ray
- Video Gastroduodenoscopy
- Video Colonoscopy
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Nasal Endoscopy
Other Diagnostic tools include:
- BERA Audiometry
Why Patients like DESUN?
Rated as one of India’s best hospitals
- For excellence in quality of medical treatment and hospital services DESUN is the youngest hospital in India to get the prestigious National Accreditation Board for Hospitals (NABH) accreditation from Government of India. World over NABH is considered equivalent to JCAHO (Joint Commission for American Healthcare Organizations) or JCI (Joint Commission International) - the standards followed in US for hospital accreditation. Of more than 1000 hospitals in India who have applied for NABH even after 6 years not even 100 hospitals have been able to achieve the high quality standard required to get NABH accreditation.
In the lead story of November 2011 issue of National News Magazine THE WEEK “India’s Best Hospitals” were covered based on an All India Survey. DESUN Hospital was included in this prestigious list of “India’s Best Hospitals”.
- For excellence in quality of routine and Superspeciality pathology testing DESUN Pathology lab has also received the prestigious accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL). In Eastern India only DESUN pathology lab has in-house facilities to perform superspecialty pathology tests like PCR, Flow Cytometry, etc. This benefits DESUN’s patients tremendously and there is practically no waiting time for getting test results when compared to other hospitals in Kolkata who have to send these tests to Mumbai or Delhi and wait for 3 / 4 days for get test results. Thus there is no delay in diagnosis and therefore, prompt and accurate treatment for DESUN’s patients.
Ranked on Top by both West Bengal and Central Government
- There are only 7 hospitals in West Bengal considered by West Bengal Government as “Class 1 Hospital Service Providers” under the West Bengal Health Scheme – WBHS. DESUN is the first name in this list.
- There are more than 100 hospitals in Eastern India empaneled by Central Government under Central Government Health Scheme – CGHS. Of these 100 only 2 hospitals have been able to qualify the high standards and have, therefore, been able to achieve the status of “Superspeciality Hospital” by CGHS. DESUN is one of the 2 Superspeciality hospitals categorized by CGHS.
Safest Hospital for Any Operation
- 2 of the major fears any surgeon has before any operation is that of OT infection and cardiac, heart complications during or after the operation. If OT infections occur or the patient develops cardiac problems even the best surgeon cannot help you. DESUN is the only hospital in Kolkata having STEEL OPERATION THEATERS (Steel OTs) which drastically reduces chances of OT infection. After the surgery the patient is under the best care of doctors and nurses in the post-operative phase at DESUN. Also DESUN has the largest Heart Institute in Kolkata to handle any cardiac emergencies during or after the operation.
Specialist Doctors’ Round the Clock
- With 28 medical departments having in-house specialist doctors any problem during your stay at DESUN can be handled by this specialist doctors’ team 24 hours. You may be admitted for a particular surgery but in the event there are some problems which a specialist needs doctor of another department it is available immediately in-house at DESUN. This facility is often not available at other renowned hospitals.
Desun Hospital Advantage – Know Why Desun Hospital, Kolkata is Your Best Choice
Desun hospital Kolkata is premium superspeciality hospital in Eastern India with state of art health care infrastructure. Desun hospital Kolkata is NABH and NABL accredited and follow strict quality parameters as per requirements.
Desun hospital is among the very few hospitals in India where there is more than 700 comprehensive surgery packages available. The composite surgery packages are all inclusive of the important things that are a part of any surgery process starting from information seeking by patient or patient party to the post-operative care that may continue even after discharge from hospital. The surgery packages at the hospital have been developed by experienced medical team so that it is all inclusive and comprehensive.
The surgery packages at Desun Hospital Kolkata are affordable as per cost and quality. High quality health care services in a hospital in India at affordable cost are a combination that is indeed helpful to patients visiting the hospital from all over India, West Bengal and certainly Kolkata. People also visit the hospital from parts of the world like Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, South East Asia and Middle East.
The excellent patient service team and 24 hours emergency response also brings in local Kolkata residents and people from parts of West Bengal and North Bengal whose relatives, sons or daughters stay outside India. NRI’s and NROB’s have facility to enroll their parents and elders under the Desun Parent card scheme that enables them to take care of the hospitalization and health care needs of their senior citizen elders and parents back home in India. All payments and procedures of admission, discharge etc. can be concluded online or over phone.
Desun hospital has facilities for latest surgeries and all modern equipment, OTs (Steel OT’s) and updated facilities to deliver excellence in terms of latest surgery techniques , modern well maintained equipment and over all top level health care infrastructure. Laparoscopic surgeries (lap), key hole, minimally invasive and invasive surgeries all are conducted in the hospital. The hospital has advanced health care facility.
Highly experienced doctors, well trained staffs, active patient care team alongside the best surgery facilities provide a very good experience at Desun. This is evident from the numbers of people and families who recommend this hospital in Kolkata, India as a very dependable place for undergoing latest surgeries at an affordable cost. There are many success stories at Desun hospital those published and discussed even in leading national and local newspapers and news media in television. Desun’s medical team with its dedication and help of advanced health care facilities at the hospital have done surgeries that are popular among hospital impact stories in India.